Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscar Morning

Quick notes from the tv room:

Didn't realise it was Oscar morning! Was all ready to do yoga when I realised the papers ere unusually full of Oscar news. You know what they say about blinding light.

Talking about which, this year, the Oscars are supposedly all 'green'. No, not Al Gore (though they're that too) but all green. What does that mean, really? That the stage is ill lit? Or that they use recycled bulbs? Whatever.

Ennio Morricone has just won the Lifetime Achievement Award. I loved the look of concentration on the audience's face, as it strained to understand what he was saying. As if a frown would somehow make Italian more comprehensible.

Gwynneth Paltrow's hair. What was with the one strand that kept swishing scross her face? And why is it called static electricity when, clearly, things don't stay static under its influence?

This is the first year that I haven't seen a single major nominated film. Not even Water. No, wait! I've seen Pirates of the Carribean and it won best sound editing and visual effects. Ha!

More later in the form of updates.

2 comments:

tangerine said...

How come you have not see 'The Queen'? Brilliant movie

Space Bar said...

Tangerine: Mainly because I haven't yet checked if my local DVD rental place has got it. And I'm fairly certain it will never make it to the theatres here.