Sunday, August 21, 2011

Missed Connections

 
You caught me looking at you on the corner of Carmine and Varick and then approached me to make small talk about the weather. I blushed, stuttered, and had a moment of verbal diarrhea that culminated in me asking you what you did. You looked disconcerted, said something about mailing lots of envelopes to LA, after which I got even more awkward, said "good luck with that" and fled. With a face like that, you're probably not single. Even if you are, I'd likely still be shy and tongue-tied. 
 Just. Aww.

There are other very sweet ones. The Scrabble tattoo girl on the terrace, the girl with her long hair caught between the doors of the train, the umbrella man, the buyers of owls....oh just go see.

(via Amitava Kumar).

2 comments:

km said...

I'm assuming you read the NYT's poetry section that's based on CL's Missed Connections?

Space Bar said...

km: those poems are terrible! at least the images are nice. (and no, I hadn't; thanks!)