Thursday, October 10, 2013

An Unboastful Reader

In Oberlin, I was given (ok fine; I bought some) many books and I briefly considered wearing everything I took with me so that I could make space for the books I was definitely carrying back.

Reader, I didn't need to. They fit anyway.

When I returned and arranged the books proudly on what is really the top of the TV cabinet but passes for a bookshelf in my room, I briefly considered listing all the books by title, author and even thought I'd link to Amazon or something.

Reader, I didn't want to.

Instead, I took photographs. You know what they say about their worth.

It hardly needs to be said that I'm crowing. How I am going to take this stuff back is a question I'd rather you didn't ask me.

Instead, take a photograph that stands in for a question. That's how many millions it will be worth.




The column on the right, in the first picture, is all library books. Which is why there's no close up of those books.

But look at the others! Just look!

*

Of course, there must be a cat picture to convey just how self-satisfied I feel. Therefore:


1 comment:

km said...

"Howl's Moving Castle" and "Delta of Venus" together as one film. Wouldn't that be one heck of an adaptation?

The head hurts, just thinking about it.