Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Escape Artist

I don't know how I have managed to sit on this piece of news all these months and weeks without exploding: my second collection of poetry, Escape Artist, published with the support of the Jehangir Sabavala Foundation, is out from Aleph Book Co.

Update 2: It appears that - Escape Artist being the only book of poetry Aleph has done - it isn't possible at the time to list it on their website because of categorisation issues. But Aleph has a Facebook page (which I'm sure those of you on FB can find without any help from me) and there are the links (see below) to Flipkart and Amazon. I will of course, post about any readings scheduled. 

[Info etc to be had on Flipkart and Amazon. Also, for those of you who are dismayed by the number of days between order and delivery, I only just got the books myself; of course it will take time before you lot can get a copy!].

But for now, here's how it looks in my home.






(When I imagined writing this post, somehow I thought it would be longer, but really - what else is there to say? Apart from thanks to innumerable people, some of whom I've thanked in the acknowledgements. Actually, there's an idea: maybe I could do a director's cut of acknowledgements.)




7 comments:

??! said...

"Poised, subtle, and luminous" eh? Sounds about right.

Many congratulations!

Also, if you didn't write that book summary, can you tell whoever did that adjective-overkill is so 1930s? (If you did write the description - wah wah! What mastery of the English language!)

km said...

Congratulations! And I am digging the book cover!

When does the book reach the Amazonian rainforests?

Space Bar said...

??!: Thanks.

I didn't, but I tried and gave up. It is fiendishly hard to write blurbs & blurbers should be paid on par with copywriters at the peak of the advertising boom. Seriously.

km: Thanks. And it is up on Amazon as well as Flipkart: http://www.amazon.com/Escape-Artist-Sridala-Swami/dp/9382277986/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401843800&sr=8-1&keywords=escape+artist+sridala+swami and http://www.flipkart.com/escape-artist/p/itmdw4yh4mszxhu9?pid=9789382277989&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=escape+artist+sridala+swami&ref=cfcf0943-0a74-4121-92d9-70db152503d7

Deepa said...

I was saying just this morning: been too long since I spoke to Sridala. And this news now. I'm so, so, so delighted for you! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy. lots of love.

david jairaj said...

love the art on the cover and the title is beckoning!

is there a 'reading and signing' gig coming up? or should one just buy it off flipkart?

Fëanor said...

Congratulations, SB! Nice one. When do we see you on a whirlwind reading tour of Europe?

Vinod Ekbote said...

Congratulations. Looking forward to read it.