Thursday, October 14, 2010

today's light

Lost an earring that belonged to my father.
Dreamt of a creature that vomited pale worms while moaning, "my heart, my heart". The worms are films that the creature distributes on request.
Yelled at the kid for spilling milk all over a new tablecloth.
Discussed Tarr with a friend.*
Read passages from The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.
Scared five lizards off.
Learnt about orthopedic socks.
The rest of the day will go in the study of my now two month old unbitten fingers.
I have so much Potential.

*I find it's enough to state the desire/intention of watching a film to be considered well-informed and/or worth talking to on important matters. Why bother watching any films? Apropos of which, plans to watch Enthiran have been consistently postponed, the latest attempt and its dismissal being right now. Last Tamil show on at 3.10 this afternoon. Alas, Rajni.


5 comments:

Fëanor said...

Scaring lizards off? Imposing mammalian superiority? A strict no-no.

km said...

Read passages from The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying.

Good translation?

Feanor: Easy, buddy. After what some of their ancestors did to ours, I say the lizards deserve to be scared away.

Space Bar said...

feanor: normally, i wouldn't scare lizards away; i like 'em. we're friends. b ut these creatures were scared and were running around like nutcases. had to shoo 'em off for a bit. bet a little solar stupefication brought them to their senses.

km: now now. they were kinda cute, you know. i'd have taken photos but i knew id' scare *you* away.

i dunno about the effectiveness of the translation but it's very readable. and horrifyingly fascinating.

(my dad's copy. he'd left a bookmark in the preparations for dying section. i wonder when he was reading it.)

JP said...

Dreamt of a creature that vomited pale worms while moaning, "my heart, my heart". The worms are films that the creature distributes on request.: I think this is a wannabe indie filmmaker I know. He does blather on about his heart doesn't he? I told him it could be gas.

Re: Tarr, I watched The Werckmeinster Harmonies. Very slow, the longshots of people just standing or ambling down snowy streets sometimes got to me, but all in all I liked it. 'A violin in a void'.

Space Bar said...

JP: (I was worried that no one would notice that dream.) What is a wannabe filmmaker friend of yours doing in my dreams?!

Somehow, the thought of Reeling worms through a projector appeals to me.

And you managed to get your hands on Werkmeister after all! I was told it's useless watching Tarr on the small screen. Much is, apparently lost.